Sunday, September 5, 2010

London Story 2

Yesterday I caught the Maison Martin Margiela '20' exhibit at Somerset House before it closed today. I'd been meaning to go all summer, as did C so it was good that we went in the nick of time. The exhibit is a 20 year retrospective on the fashion house, and I really respected the design ideas and ways that the house pushed the boundaries of conventional design. Photography was politely prohibited, but that's what the internet is for!

It should be mentioned that the day ended with a stroll down the Thames and across Blackfriars Bridge up to London Bridge where we delighted in Borough Market. I'm still thinking about that Haloumi wrap I had. Plus my Turkish admirer is all about discounting Baklava for me. At this rate it should be free by November.







No comments:

Post a Comment